Lauren Alaina Forgot Lyrics to National Anthem at Thanksgiving Football
Lauren Alaina joins the club of artists who forget the lyrics to national anthem. The "American Idol" runner-up was giving "The Star-Spangled Banner" a try at Green Bay vs. Detroit game on Thanksgiving and she almost failed in the middle of the song.
The 17-year-old looked visibly nervous before starting the performance. She went completely silent for about 5 seconds after singing, "What so proudly we hailed, through the..." Meanwhile, the audience went on with the song, giving Alaina the chance to get back in track.
With a smile on her face, Alaina finished the song just fine and got cheered by the sold-out stadium. "It's all about how you finish," FOX broadcaster Joe Buck said.
After becoming a trending topic on Twitter, Alaina received a support from fellow "Idol" alumni, Kellie Pickler. The fellow country singer tweeted, "In a time where bullying is at its worst I'm so disappointed that grown men & women are ripping apart a 17yr old."
Pickler continued, "When people fall…you are supposed to help them up, not kick em' further down. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Be kind. @lauren_alaina hey doll! You handled yourself like a pro! Send the bullies my way & I'll tell em' where to go! Xo"
Christina Aguilera was also bashed when flubbing the lyrics at February's Super Bowl. But unlike Alaina who stopped when she forgot, Aguilera made up the words and got booed.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'