Lauren Alaina Forgot Lyrics to National Anthem at Thanksgiving Football
Lauren Alaina joins the club of artists who forget the lyrics to national anthem. The "American Idol" runner-up was giving "The Star-Spangled Banner" a try at Green Bay vs. Detroit game on Thanksgiving and she almost failed in the middle of the song.
The 17-year-old looked visibly nervous before starting the performance. She went completely silent for about 5 seconds after singing, "What so proudly we hailed, through the..." Meanwhile, the audience went on with the song, giving Alaina the chance to get back in track.
With a smile on her face, Alaina finished the song just fine and got cheered by the sold-out stadium. "It's all about how you finish," FOX broadcaster Joe Buck said.
After becoming a trending topic on Twitter, Alaina received a support from fellow "Idol" alumni, Kellie Pickler. The fellow country singer tweeted, "In a time where bullying is at its worst I'm so disappointed that grown men & women are ripping apart a 17yr old."
Pickler continued, "When people fall…you are supposed to help them up, not kick em' further down. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Be kind. @lauren_alaina hey doll! You handled yourself like a pro! Send the bullies my way & I'll tell em' where to go! Xo"
Christina Aguilera was also bashed when flubbing the lyrics at February's Super Bowl. But unlike Alaina who stopped when she forgot, Aguilera made up the words and got booed.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?