Occupy Wall Street Benefit Album to Feature Third Eye Blind and Devo
Occupy Wall Street might not receive donation from Jay-Z when he designed and tried to sale T-shirts inspired by the movement, but they will soon get financial support from a benefit album recorded by some celebrities. Those who will help raise fund to support the protests include Third Eye Blind and Devo.
Called "Occupy This Album", the CD will be made available for purchase winter this year. It will additionally feature Jackson Browne, Crosby & Nash, Lucinda Williams and many more. Jason Samel, who puts together the disc, is aiming to raise between $1 million and $2 million. "It's really going to be an amazing help for years to come," he said.
The proceeds will go through non-profit organization Alliance for Global Justice. The plan is that half of the money will benefit the New York movement that is sounding off about corporate greed and corruption. The other half, meanwhile, will fund other charity projects across the country and around the world.
One of the songs from the upcoming album has been released. It's called "If There Ever Was a Time" which is performed by Third Eye Blind to address the movement. It can also be downloaded for free on the band's official website. The other materials in the effort will generally be a mixture of live cuts and new songs.
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer