'Mirror Mirror' Star Lily Collins Auditioned for Kristen Stewart's Snow White Role
It is known that Lily Collins plays the playful version of Snow White in "Mirror Mirror", but she recently confessed that she also auditioned for a darker version of the fairytale princess in rival movie "Snow White and the Huntsman". Speaking to Access Hollywood, she revealed, "I did read the other Snow White script."
"I auditioned for it, but I've been so excited for Kristen," she said, referring to Kristen Stewart who nabs the lead role in the Rupert Sanders-directed film. "I think that story is so different than ours and the girls are so different. She's perfect for the version, and I'm really excited to be doing this one and I think they have totally different audiences."
Comparing her upcoming Snow White movie to Stewart's, the daughter of rock veteran Phil Collins said, "Our Snow White starts off as the fairytale princess we all know and love and then she progresses into a young woman and much of a fighter, but it's not an edgy version of the story or a darker version."
"It's very much a comedic adventure and I think the other one is a little darker," the 22-year-old actress continued. "The images of our films are very, very different. They're both kind of untold stories, so you know they're different in their own ways."
Like Stewart in her Snow White movie, Lily admitted that she also has to do some fighting scenes in her film. Sharing about her preparation for the scenes, the Los Angeles-born actress claimed she had "insane training."
"I've been fight training and fencing for about three months now... I was kickboxing, doing some stuff on wires. It's been really intense," she added. "I've gotten a lot of bumps and bruises, but so far no bad injuries."
Directed by Tarsem Singh, "Mirror Mirror" is a retelling of one of the most beloved fables of all-time. The film will eschew the traditional story in favor of a more modern tale full of comedy and adventure. After her evil stepmother kills her father and destroys the kingdom, Snow White bands together with a gang of seven quarrelsome dwarves to reclaim what is rightly hers.
Joining Collins in the cast ensemble are Julia Roberts, Armie Hammer, Nathan Lane, Sean Bean, Robert Emms, Mare Winningham and Michael Lerne. The movie will open wide in U.S. theaters on March 16, 2012.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day