Rep Confirms Jennifer Lopez Filmed Parts of Fiat Commercial in Los Angeles
Jennifer Lopez indeed never returned to the Bronx to film Fiat's "My World" commercial. In response to report that the "On the Floor" hitmaker used a body double for the drive-through part in the ad, her spokesman, Mark Young, told The New York Post, "Her portion was filmed in Los Angeles. I don't see a problem. There are many cases where films are done the same way."
Fiat has also released a statement in regard of the issue. "Both commercials featuring Jennifer Lopez were indeed filmed in the Bronx as well as outside locations," spokeswoman Diana Gutierrez said. "As you may know, in today's world, people are increasingly mobile and their work takes them to a variety of locations. As a result, we took the opportunity to film wherever Ms. Lopez was working at the time to accommodate her schedule."
"The commercial tells the story of how the simple elements of our upbringing can help explain who we are, where we're going and serve as a source of inspiration to achieve our goals in life," the representative continued to defend decision about the filming location. "One does not need to be in a specific location to be inspired or continue to be inspired."
In the new Fiat's commercial, J.Lo is seen driving through the Bronx in New York City as she embraces her roots. "Here, this is my world," she tells the viewers in a voiceover. "This place inspires me to be tougher, to stay sharper, to think faster. They may be just streets to you but to me, they're a playground."
The Smoking Gun, however, uncovered that the estranged wife of Marc Anthony has never set foot in the Bronx. A lookalike, instead, took her part behind the wheel when the advert was shot in her home borough. It continued to explain that "the shots of the actress were artfully merged to make it appear that she was tooling around New York City's poorest borough."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'