Crew Member Died on the Set of 'G.I. Joe 2'
The filming of Paramount's "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has claimed a victim. A hired crew member, Mike Huber, died on New Orleans set while working on a high-powered lift on Tuesday, November 22.
According to TMZ, Huber was working on tearing down the set, when something went terribly wrong. The high-powered scissor lift tipped over and injured Huber. The filming in New Orleans had begun in August and it is unclear whether production still went on after the accident.
In a statement, Paramount said, "Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the Huber family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident."
The sequel to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is slated to be released on June 29, 2012.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance