Crew Member Died on the Set of 'G.I. Joe 2'
The filming of Paramount's "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has claimed a victim. A hired crew member, Mike Huber, died on New Orleans set while working on a high-powered lift on Tuesday, November 22.
According to TMZ, Huber was working on tearing down the set, when something went terribly wrong. The high-powered scissor lift tipped over and injured Huber. The filming in New Orleans had begun in August and it is unclear whether production still went on after the accident.
In a statement, Paramount said, "Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the Huber family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident."
The sequel to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is slated to be released on June 29, 2012.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent