Crew Member Died on the Set of 'G.I. Joe 2'
The filming of Paramount's "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has claimed a victim. A hired crew member, Mike Huber, died on New Orleans set while working on a high-powered lift on Tuesday, November 22.
According to TMZ, Huber was working on tearing down the set, when something went terribly wrong. The high-powered scissor lift tipped over and injured Huber. The filming in New Orleans had begun in August and it is unclear whether production still went on after the accident.
In a statement, Paramount said, "Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the Huber family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident."
The sequel to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is slated to be released on June 29, 2012.
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand