Crew Member Died on the Set of 'G.I. Joe 2'
The filming of Paramount's "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" has claimed a victim. A hired crew member, Mike Huber, died on New Orleans set while working on a high-powered lift on Tuesday, November 22.
According to TMZ, Huber was working on tearing down the set, when something went terribly wrong. The high-powered scissor lift tipped over and injured Huber. The filming in New Orleans had begun in August and it is unclear whether production still went on after the accident.
In a statement, Paramount said, "Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the Huber family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident."
The sequel to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is slated to be released on June 29, 2012.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius