Jimmy Fallon and Questlove Sorry for Offensive Song Used for Michele Bachmann
Jimmy Fallon has offered his sincere apology for using Fishbone's song "Lyin' A** B****" to welcome guest Michele Bachmann on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon". Realizing that the song choice may have insulted the Republican Presidential contender, the comedian took to Twitter to say that he is sorry.
"I'm honored that @michelebachmann was on our show yesterday and I'm so sorry about the intro mess," so the former cast member of "Saturday Night Live" tweeted via his official account a day after Bachmann appeared on his show on Monday, November 21. "I really hope she comes back."
Questlove, the drummer as well as the leader of the show's band The Roots, has also expressed his regret toward the song choice. "The performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur of the moment decision. The show was not aware of it and I feel bad if her feelings were hurt. That was not my intention," he stated.
On the Monday episode of the late-night show, the band played snippet of the 1980s track while Bachmann was waving to the audience without realizing the lyrics. The song itself is not political, but its lyrics mention the words "lyin' a** b****" several times.
Prior to the show, Questlove had hinted about his band's plan to use the song to welcome Bachmann. "aight late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title," he wrote, before giving another clue that the song is taken from Fisborne's EP. Fallon later joked that Questlove "is grounded."
Bachmann's camp has not released any statement regarding the song, but some people slammed the use of the offensive single. Congresswoman Nita Lowey, who claimed she does not share Bachmann's politics, stated, "She [Bachmann] deserves to be treated with respect," reasoning, "No female politician - and no woman - should be subjected to sexist and offensive innuendo like she was last night."
Feministing editor Chloe Angyal sounded off similar opinion. "It's never acceptable to call a woman a b****. Period," she told Fox411. "Challenge Bachmann on the issues all you want, fact check her, call her out on her dishonesty. Do not call her, or anyone else, a b****."
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think