Sharon Tate Not Wearing Engagement Ring at Time of Murder, Sister Insists
Sharon Tate's engagement ring will be put on an auction block by the end of November. Auction house Gotta Have It! Collectibles suggested that it was the ring that the "Valley of the Dolls" actress wore on the day of her murder. Her sister Debra, however, is adamant that the actress was not wearing any rings at the time of death.
Debra told TMZ, "Because Sharon was pregnant, she couldn't fit any rings on her finger." Though so, she did confirm that the oval opal ring did belong to Sharon. According to the sister, the ring was not Sharon's "official" engagement ring. It is said to be an "unofficial symbol of her relationship" with director Roman Polanski.
Debra also insisted that the ring was never worn by Sharon because "the ring was not Sharon's style." The sister additionally noted that the late actress gave it away to a family friend long before she was murdered by the followers of Charles Manson in 1969.
Sharon's engagement ring will go up for auction on Gottahaverockandroll.com. The bidding will start at $10,000 on November 30 and runs through December 9. Pete Siegel of Gotta Have It! Collectibles told New York Daily News, "It's a great item of Hollywood collectibles." He did note that Roman gave the ring to a friend, who sold it to pay off a debt.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered