First-Week Sales Prediction for Rihanna and Mary J. Blige's New Albums
Rihanna and Mary J. Blige are going to return to the top 10 on Billboard Hot 200 next week. According to early estimation from HITS Daily Double, the former will enter the chart by pulling in 180,000 - 200,000 copies of her sixth album "Talk That Talk", and the latter is to bow with 120,000 - 140,000 units of "My Life II... The Journey Continues (Act 1)".
To take the first spot, the two female artist have to compete against each other and push aside Nickelback who also just dropped a new album, and Drake who is poised to reign the U.S. album chart this week with 700,000 copies of "Take Care". The Chad Kroeger band are predicted to garner around 225,000 - 250,000 units of their seventh studio effort "Here and Now".
Riri herself has already got an early boost by taking the first position on iTunes album chart on November 22, one day after "Talk That Talk" was released across the country. Not only did the CD rule the chart Stateside, it also topped the list in at least 18 countries around the world. "This is pretty freakin #MAJAH," the Barbados beauty excitedly informed her Twitter followers that day.
More Rihanna News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'