First-Week Sales Prediction for Rihanna and Mary J. Blige's New Albums
Rihanna and Mary J. Blige are going to return to the top 10 on Billboard Hot 200 next week. According to early estimation from HITS Daily Double, the former will enter the chart by pulling in 180,000 - 200,000 copies of her sixth album "Talk That Talk", and the latter is to bow with 120,000 - 140,000 units of "My Life II... The Journey Continues (Act 1)".
To take the first spot, the two female artist have to compete against each other and push aside Nickelback who also just dropped a new album, and Drake who is poised to reign the U.S. album chart this week with 700,000 copies of "Take Care". The Chad Kroeger band are predicted to garner around 225,000 - 250,000 units of their seventh studio effort "Here and Now".
Riri herself has already got an early boost by taking the first position on iTunes album chart on November 22, one day after "Talk That Talk" was released across the country. Not only did the CD rule the chart Stateside, it also topped the list in at least 18 countries around the world. "This is pretty freakin #MAJAH," the Barbados beauty excitedly informed her Twitter followers that day.
More Rihanna News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018