Ewan McGregor Added to Stellar Cast of HBO's 'The Corrections'
Ewan McGregor is the latest addition in HBO's drama pilot "The Corrections" which has previously cast Oscar winners Chris Cooper and Dianne Wiest. McGregor will play one of the members in a dysfunctional Midwestern family.
Cooper and Wiest are teamed up as the elderly couple with three adult children, one of whom is named Chip. The middle child who is a Marxist academic losing his tenure-track position over an affair with a student will be played by McGregor. The character works for a Lithuanian crime boss defrauding American investors after leaving his old post.
Story is based on Jonathan Franzen's book of the same title. Cooper offered his take on the project, saying "We're going to see this family, the patriarch in the family, go from age 45 to his late 70s. And along the way he will be developing Parkinson's disease. But it's a terrific piece about a family unit. And, boy, somewhere along the way I think everybody will relate in one respect or the other."
Noah Baumbach and Franzen team to write the adaptation with Baumbach directing the pilot. Together with Scott Rudin, Baumbach and Franzen act as producers as well. No word yet on when HBO will premiere it.
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement