Expect Nicki Minaj's New Album in Early 2012
Nicki Minaj's sophomore effort may come sooner than expected. Cash Money co-CEO and founder Birdman reveals in an interview that the recent American Music Awards winner is looking at the first quarter of 2012 for the follow-up of her first album "Pink Friday".
"Nicki's back in the studio, so we're looking to drop Nicki in the first quarter," Birdman told Billboard. As for the first single, Birdman predicted that it would come out real soon because the rapper is already in the recording process. "Maybe this year? I don't know," he said. "We're really thinking it out. But she's in the studio, and we're looking real soon, because she's ready to go and we're ready to go with her."
There was a rumor earlier this month that she would release recorded material as her gay male alter ego Roman. However, Minaj's blog post about the project was eventually removed from her official site.
In the meantime, Birdman also talked about Minaj's label mate Drake who is promoting his November 15 album "Take Care". A music video for Lil Wayne-assisted track "The Motto" has been shot with possibilities of video treatment for Minaj-featuring "Make Me Proud" and Rihanna-featuring title track.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress