Expect Nicki Minaj's New Album in Early 2012
Nicki Minaj's sophomore effort may come sooner than expected. Cash Money co-CEO and founder Birdman reveals in an interview that the recent American Music Awards winner is looking at the first quarter of 2012 for the follow-up of her first album "Pink Friday".
"Nicki's back in the studio, so we're looking to drop Nicki in the first quarter," Birdman told Billboard. As for the first single, Birdman predicted that it would come out real soon because the rapper is already in the recording process. "Maybe this year? I don't know," he said. "We're really thinking it out. But she's in the studio, and we're looking real soon, because she's ready to go and we're ready to go with her."
There was a rumor earlier this month that she would release recorded material as her gay male alter ego Roman. However, Minaj's blog post about the project was eventually removed from her official site.
In the meantime, Birdman also talked about Minaj's label mate Drake who is promoting his November 15 album "Take Care". A music video for Lil Wayne-assisted track "The Motto" has been shot with possibilities of video treatment for Minaj-featuring "Make Me Proud" and Rihanna-featuring title track.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger