Expect Nicki Minaj's New Album in Early 2012
Nicki Minaj's sophomore effort may come sooner than expected. Cash Money co-CEO and founder Birdman reveals in an interview that the recent American Music Awards winner is looking at the first quarter of 2012 for the follow-up of her first album "Pink Friday".
"Nicki's back in the studio, so we're looking to drop Nicki in the first quarter," Birdman told Billboard. As for the first single, Birdman predicted that it would come out real soon because the rapper is already in the recording process. "Maybe this year? I don't know," he said. "We're really thinking it out. But she's in the studio, and we're looking real soon, because she's ready to go and we're ready to go with her."
There was a rumor earlier this month that she would release recorded material as her gay male alter ego Roman. However, Minaj's blog post about the project was eventually removed from her official site.
In the meantime, Birdman also talked about Minaj's label mate Drake who is promoting his November 15 album "Take Care". A music video for Lil Wayne-assisted track "The Motto" has been shot with possibilities of video treatment for Minaj-featuring "Make Me Proud" and Rihanna-featuring title track.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences