Kristen Stewart's Wedding Gown in 'Breaking Dawn' Available for $799
Expect a lot of brides in sleek Carolina Herrera wedding gown this day onwards. Official replicas of the dress that Kristen Stewart wore as Bella Swan in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" arrived in stores on Monday, November 21 for the price of $799.
Herrera designed the long-sleeved bridal gown for the film's scene where Bella trades vows with her vampire lover, Edward. "I was called by Stephenie Meyer. We had to discuss a lot, but I was very inspired by her book and the description of the wedding," Herrera said at the film's premiere. "I was very flattered I was asked to do it; it's a big scene for me."
Saying she treated Stewart's Bella like real bride, Herrera added, "I think [Stewart] was very moved when she tried it on. And that means a lot, because she felt that it was the right one." The actress herself lost words when describing the wedding scene, saying she was "so very the center of attention at that very moment" because nobody saw the gown before the filming.
However, bridal retailer Alfred Angelo would be the one handling the sale of the replicas in their stores nationwide. The retailer and Summit Entertainment have been working since May to get the gown in stores at the same time the movie hit theaters. Reuters additionally reports that the gown will also be sold at Herrera's CHNY boutiques next year but it is not yet clear how much they charge for it and how many replicas would be available.
Although the design would be the same, the replica gown would use liquid satin instead of silk to reduce the cost. "The stitching on the bodice is the same, and the lace detailing is similar," designer Michael Shettel who worked on the replicas said. "There were pricing issues to try to get it down to $799. That was the biggest issue more than design issues."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri