Mike Rowe of 'Dirty Jobs' Gets Sued by Inmate Over Name
Mike Rowe has been slapped with a lawsuit because of his name. According to TMZ, the "Dirty Jobs" host is being sued by an inmate at a South Dakota prison who shared the same name, claiming that the 49-year-old has no right to use the name because he has copyrighted it earlier this year.
In the documents, the prisoner who serves time in jail for a DUI-related offense also noted that the name makes him a subject of jokes behind bars. "I can't live here in prison without being called Dirty Jobs or ... Dirtiest Man," so he complained. "I am subject to this ridicule every day that I live."
On the copyright issue, the inmate said he has problems with the TV personality's endorsements. "Lee Jeans states Mike Rowe wears Lee Jeans or [is] for them. I do not wear nor have ever worn Lee Jeans and further, I am not for them," he stated before claiming he's also not a fan of Viva Towels.
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach