Amber Heard Is the Leading Lady in Revenge Thriller 'Motor City'
After becoming Johnny Depp's leading lady in "The Rum Diary", Amber Heard is set to tackle another female lead role in an upcoming revenge thriller called "Motor City". The 25-year-old actress is set to star opposite "Captain America: The First Avenger" star Dominic Cooper in the movie.
Deadline reported that the Texas-born actress, who also stars alongside Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry", has been tested among several other young actresses who were vying for the coveted part. However, the exact details of her character are still kept secret.
"Motor City" focuses on Cooper's character, who is described as a man who gets released from prison and sets out on a revenge mission to hunt down the people who framed him. "The Book of Eli" helmer Albert Hughes will direct the film, with Chad St. John penning the script. Serving as the producer is Joel Silver, who also works on the "Sherlock Holmes" franchise.
As for Heard, the 406 depicter in 2009's "Zombieland" will next be seen in "Syrup", a forthcoming comedy directed by Aram Rappaport. It also stars Kellan Lutz, Shiloh Fernandez and Brittany Snow.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones