Amber Heard Is the Leading Lady in Revenge Thriller 'Motor City'
After becoming Johnny Depp's leading lady in "The Rum Diary", Amber Heard is set to tackle another female lead role in an upcoming revenge thriller called "Motor City". The 25-year-old actress is set to star opposite "Captain America: The First Avenger" star Dominic Cooper in the movie.
Deadline reported that the Texas-born actress, who also stars alongside Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry", has been tested among several other young actresses who were vying for the coveted part. However, the exact details of her character are still kept secret.
"Motor City" focuses on Cooper's character, who is described as a man who gets released from prison and sets out on a revenge mission to hunt down the people who framed him. "The Book of Eli" helmer Albert Hughes will direct the film, with Chad St. John penning the script. Serving as the producer is Joel Silver, who also works on the "Sherlock Holmes" franchise.
As for Heard, the 406 depicter in 2009's "Zombieland" will next be seen in "Syrup", a forthcoming comedy directed by Aram Rappaport. It also stars Kellan Lutz, Shiloh Fernandez and Brittany Snow.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special