Amber Heard Is the Leading Lady in Revenge Thriller 'Motor City'
After becoming Johnny Depp's leading lady in "The Rum Diary", Amber Heard is set to tackle another female lead role in an upcoming revenge thriller called "Motor City". The 25-year-old actress is set to star opposite "Captain America: The First Avenger" star Dominic Cooper in the movie.
Deadline reported that the Texas-born actress, who also stars alongside Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry", has been tested among several other young actresses who were vying for the coveted part. However, the exact details of her character are still kept secret.
"Motor City" focuses on Cooper's character, who is described as a man who gets released from prison and sets out on a revenge mission to hunt down the people who framed him. "The Book of Eli" helmer Albert Hughes will direct the film, with Chad St. John penning the script. Serving as the producer is Joel Silver, who also works on the "Sherlock Holmes" franchise.
As for Heard, the 406 depicter in 2009's "Zombieland" will next be seen in "Syrup", a forthcoming comedy directed by Aram Rappaport. It also stars Kellan Lutz, Shiloh Fernandez and Brittany Snow.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women