Amber Heard Is the Leading Lady in Revenge Thriller 'Motor City'
After becoming Johnny Depp's leading lady in "The Rum Diary", Amber Heard is set to tackle another female lead role in an upcoming revenge thriller called "Motor City". The 25-year-old actress is set to star opposite "Captain America: The First Avenger" star Dominic Cooper in the movie.
Deadline reported that the Texas-born actress, who also stars alongside Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry", has been tested among several other young actresses who were vying for the coveted part. However, the exact details of her character are still kept secret.
"Motor City" focuses on Cooper's character, who is described as a man who gets released from prison and sets out on a revenge mission to hunt down the people who framed him. "The Book of Eli" helmer Albert Hughes will direct the film, with Chad St. John penning the script. Serving as the producer is Joel Silver, who also works on the "Sherlock Holmes" franchise.
As for Heard, the 406 depicter in 2009's "Zombieland" will next be seen in "Syrup", a forthcoming comedy directed by Aram Rappaport. It also stars Kellan Lutz, Shiloh Fernandez and Brittany Snow.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner