Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle and Some Boys Join 2011 'VH1 Divas'
More high-profile performers have been added to help VH1 pay tribute to the great cities of soul music in this year's "Divas" concerts. The newly-announced musical guests are the likes of Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, and Marsha Ambrosius.
Already having enough of female acts for the annual event, VH1 decided to add some boys to the mix. The network chose Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy to join the ladies along with Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings.
Together, they will celebrate the soul music with such headliners as Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Florence and the Machine, and Jessie J. They will do the tribute at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom.
Those stars will pay homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia. Their performances will be accompanied by The Roots as a house band. Their member ?uestlove will pull a double duty as a musical director.
The concert will air Monday, December 19 at 9 P.M./8c.
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West, Not Monica Rose, Was Responsible for Her Style Transformation
- 'Gotham': Get First Glimpse of Ra's Al Ghul in Season 3 Finale Preview
- Ivanka Trump Gets Blasted for Insensitive 'Champagne Popsicle' Tweet on Memorial Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio Spotted With Leggy Models in Monaco
- 2 Chainz Reveals 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' Track List, Shares New Song '4 AM' Ft. Travis Scott
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig