Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle and Some Boys Join 2011 'VH1 Divas'
More high-profile performers have been added to help VH1 pay tribute to the great cities of soul music in this year's "Divas" concerts. The newly-announced musical guests are the likes of Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, and Marsha Ambrosius.
Already having enough of female acts for the annual event, VH1 decided to add some boys to the mix. The network chose Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy to join the ladies along with Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings.
Together, they will celebrate the soul music with such headliners as Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Florence and the Machine, and Jessie J. They will do the tribute at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom.
Those stars will pay homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia. Their performances will be accompanied by The Roots as a house band. Their member ?uestlove will pull a double duty as a musical director.
The concert will air Monday, December 19 at 9 P.M./8c.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy