Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle and Some Boys Join 2011 'VH1 Divas'
More high-profile performers have been added to help VH1 pay tribute to the great cities of soul music in this year's "Divas" concerts. The newly-announced musical guests are the likes of Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, and Marsha Ambrosius.
Already having enough of female acts for the annual event, VH1 decided to add some boys to the mix. The network chose Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy to join the ladies along with Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings.
Together, they will celebrate the soul music with such headliners as Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Florence and the Machine, and Jessie J. They will do the tribute at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom.
Those stars will pay homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia. Their performances will be accompanied by The Roots as a house band. Their member ?uestlove will pull a double duty as a musical director.
The concert will air Monday, December 19 at 9 P.M./8c.
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters