Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle and Some Boys Join 2011 'VH1 Divas'
More high-profile performers have been added to help VH1 pay tribute to the great cities of soul music in this year's "Divas" concerts. The newly-announced musical guests are the likes of Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, and Marsha Ambrosius.
Already having enough of female acts for the annual event, VH1 decided to add some boys to the mix. The network chose Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy to join the ladies along with Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings.
Together, they will celebrate the soul music with such headliners as Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Florence and the Machine, and Jessie J. They will do the tribute at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom.
Those stars will pay homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia. Their performances will be accompanied by The Roots as a house band. Their member ?uestlove will pull a double duty as a musical director.
The concert will air Monday, December 19 at 9 P.M./8c.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media