Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle and Some Boys Join 2011 'VH1 Divas'
More high-profile performers have been added to help VH1 pay tribute to the great cities of soul music in this year's "Divas" concerts. The newly-announced musical guests are the likes of Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, and Marsha Ambrosius.
Already having enough of female acts for the annual event, VH1 decided to add some boys to the mix. The network chose Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy to join the ladies along with Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings.
Together, they will celebrate the soul music with such headliners as Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Florence and the Machine, and Jessie J. They will do the tribute at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom.
Those stars will pay homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia. Their performances will be accompanied by The Roots as a house band. Their member ?uestlove will pull a double duty as a musical director.
The concert will air Monday, December 19 at 9 P.M./8c.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut