Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez Break Off 18 Months of Engagement
The wedding bells won't be ringing for Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez after all. The couple who got engaged during the season six finale of ABC's "The Bachelorette" have just confirmed through their representative that they are no longer together.
When informing the press about the break-up, a representative for the former couple simply said, "Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez have ended their relationship." The rep further added, "As they go through this difficult time, we ask that you respect the couple's privacy."
Reports of the couple's relationship being on the rocks have circulated after Ali announced in October 2011 that the wedding planning was put on hold. The 27-year-old beauty, however, was quick to downplay the rumors. She told PEOPLE at the time, "We're still engaged; we're still living together. We just don't feel the need to walk down the aisle right now."
Having said "No wedding is simple but this wedding is even more complicated," Ali explained, "We didn't meet in the most traditional way." She elaborated, "We had a very short courtship and we only knew each other nine weeks before we got engaged. We are still figuring out our lives as individuals."
More The Bachelorette News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars