Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez Break Off 18 Months of Engagement
The wedding bells won't be ringing for Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez after all. The couple who got engaged during the season six finale of ABC's "The Bachelorette" have just confirmed through their representative that they are no longer together.
When informing the press about the break-up, a representative for the former couple simply said, "Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez have ended their relationship." The rep further added, "As they go through this difficult time, we ask that you respect the couple's privacy."
Reports of the couple's relationship being on the rocks have circulated after Ali announced in October 2011 that the wedding planning was put on hold. The 27-year-old beauty, however, was quick to downplay the rumors. She told PEOPLE at the time, "We're still engaged; we're still living together. We just don't feel the need to walk down the aisle right now."
Having said "No wedding is simple but this wedding is even more complicated," Ali explained, "We didn't meet in the most traditional way." She elaborated, "We had a very short courtship and we only knew each other nine weeks before we got engaged. We are still figuring out our lives as individuals."
More The Bachelorette News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo