Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez Break Off 18 Months of Engagement
The wedding bells won't be ringing for Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez after all. The couple who got engaged during the season six finale of ABC's "The Bachelorette" have just confirmed through their representative that they are no longer together.
When informing the press about the break-up, a representative for the former couple simply said, "Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez have ended their relationship." The rep further added, "As they go through this difficult time, we ask that you respect the couple's privacy."
Reports of the couple's relationship being on the rocks have circulated after Ali announced in October 2011 that the wedding planning was put on hold. The 27-year-old beauty, however, was quick to downplay the rumors. She told PEOPLE at the time, "We're still engaged; we're still living together. We just don't feel the need to walk down the aisle right now."
Having said "No wedding is simple but this wedding is even more complicated," Ali explained, "We didn't meet in the most traditional way." She elaborated, "We had a very short courtship and we only knew each other nine weeks before we got engaged. We are still figuring out our lives as individuals."
More The Bachelorette News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts