Katy Perry to Return to 'Saturday Night Live' as Host
Katy Perry is set to show off her comedic skill on "Saturday Night Live". Having performed on the NBC variety show in 2010, the wife of funnyman Russell Brand will return in a December 10 episode as a host.
Unlike some musicians who have pulled double duty on the show, Perry will not take the stage to perform her songs this time. In fact, Swedish songstress Robyn has been tapped to serve as a musical guest.
"I'm SO excited 2 announce I'll be HOSTING Saturday Night Live Dec. 10!" so Perry announced her "SNL" hosting gig via her Twitter. "This is the cherry on top and @robynkonichiwa is part of it!"
Although she is not a comedian, Perry has previously made people grin when making a guest appearance on "How I Met Your Mother". The 27-year-old songstress also has a cameo in upcoming comedy movie "The Muppets".
In addition to Perry, "Boardwalk Empire" star Steve Buscemi will return to "SNL" as a host in a December 3 episode with The Black Keys performing. Meanwhile, "SNL" alum Jimmy Fallon will host an episode which airs December 17 and has Michael Buble as a musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences