Katy Perry to Return to 'Saturday Night Live' as Host
Katy Perry is set to show off her comedic skill on "Saturday Night Live". Having performed on the NBC variety show in 2010, the wife of funnyman Russell Brand will return in a December 10 episode as a host.
Unlike some musicians who have pulled double duty on the show, Perry will not take the stage to perform her songs this time. In fact, Swedish songstress Robyn has been tapped to serve as a musical guest.
"I'm SO excited 2 announce I'll be HOSTING Saturday Night Live Dec. 10!" so Perry announced her "SNL" hosting gig via her Twitter. "This is the cherry on top and @robynkonichiwa is part of it!"
Although she is not a comedian, Perry has previously made people grin when making a guest appearance on "How I Met Your Mother". The 27-year-old songstress also has a cameo in upcoming comedy movie "The Muppets".
In addition to Perry, "Boardwalk Empire" star Steve Buscemi will return to "SNL" as a host in a December 3 episode with The Black Keys performing. Meanwhile, "SNL" alum Jimmy Fallon will host an episode which airs December 17 and has Michael Buble as a musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'