Andy Cohen's 'Watch What Happens Live' to Expand Five Nights a Week
Andy Cohen's weekly talk show is expanded to nightly show. Bravo has announced that the sixth season of "Watch What Happens Live" will air five original episodes a week, from Sunday to Thursday, starting January 8, 2012. It will be the only daily late-night show to air live on television.
"Expanding 'Watch What Happens Live' to five nights a week is the natural progression for this hit interactive show, and a testament to Andy's enormous appeal," says Frances Berwick, President of Bravo and Style Media. "It cements Bravo's tentpole in late night with this one-of-a-kind live, relatable and truly unpredictable format."
The Cohen-hosted show, which launched as blog turning to a web series before premiering on TV in July 2009, has been rising in ratings. It delivered a double-digit growth during its current fifth season.
As part of the new deal, Cohen will keep his Executive Vice President title at Bravo, but will shift executive responsibilities. Initially an EVP of original programming and development, he will now serve as EVP of development and talent, focusing on creating new original content.
The 43-year-old will still serve as executive producer for "Top Chef" and the "Real Housewives" franchise. Meanwhile, Bravo Senior VP program strategy and acquisitions Jerry Leo is tapped to take over Cohen's previous role.
"In my wildest dreams when I started at Bravo seven years ago, I never imagined that I would end up fulfilling my lifelong dream," Cohen comments on the transition. "It's the perfect storm - I get to do the three things I'm most passionate about - producing, developing and hosting for a brand that I love."
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge