Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band Announce First Dates of 2012 Tour
It's confirmed that Bruce Springsteen has mapped out a tour with E Street Band. "Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street," so their camp stated when announcing its first official dates on the singer's official website. This will be their first trek since member Clarence Clemons passed away last summer.
"The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week," it's revealed. "Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly." So far, there are four concerts announced, and they are going to take place at Stadium of Light, Etihad Stadium, Isle of Wight Festival, and Hard Rock Calling.
The upcoming tour is to support their upcoming studio album. "We want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon," they promised.
Clarence died just a few days after being announced to have suffered a stroke. In wake of his passing, Bruce issued a statement, "Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage."
In addition to having a stroke, Clemons who was known as The Big Man also had a series of medical problems in the past ten years, including having a surgery to have both his knees replaced and going under the knife to fix a problem with his back. The saxophonist described his last tour as a "pure hell" due to the pain. He passed away at the age of 69.
- Jun 21 - Sunderland, England at Stadium of Light
- Jun 22 - Manchester, England at Etihad Stadium
- Jun 24 - Isle of Wight, England at Isle of Wight Festival
- Jul 14 - London, England at Hard Rock Calling
More Bruce Springsteen News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding