'Tomb Raider' Reboot to Focus on Young Lara Croft and Present More Actions
Graham King has revealed more plot details of his upcoming "Tomb Raider" reboot. Speaking to Coming Soon, he explained that the new reboot will mainly center on young Lara Croft.
"Listen, the box office, they weren't disasters but I find it interesting that the story that we're telling is really the story before she became Lara Croft, so it is a character piece," the 49-year-old producer said.
King additionally guaranteed that the upcoming movie will have a lot of actions and will be different from the previous ones. "It does have a lot of really great characters, but it's a lot of action and a lot of fun, and for me, it's something very different," so he claimed. The British producer added, "I've not really done a movie like that before. But I really gravitated to rebooting this franchise and we're going to give it a shot."
In another interview with Collider, King was asked if there is a possibility that Angelina Jolie, who stars in the last two movies, could appear as a cameo in the forthcoming reboot. He answered, "I don't know, you know we've spoken about 'Tomb Raider' and we'll have to see."
"I mean, she's so wonderful, she just directed this movie for me, 'In the Land of Blood and Honey', which I think we're about five weeks from releasing and I can't wait for people to see that movie," he added. "She did an amazing job as a director, absolutely amazing. Maybe I'll ask her to direct it."
The untitled Tomb Raider reboot has tapped "Iron Man" scribes Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby to provide the screenplay. Back in May, both screenwriters stated, "We aim to write an origin story for Lara Croft that solidifies her place alongside Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor in the pantheon of great female action heroes."
As for Graham King, his upcoming movie is "Hugo", which reunited him with Martin Scorsese. The family movie, which stars Asa Butterfield, Ben Kingsley and Jude Law, will be released in the U.S. on November 23.
More Untitled Tomb Raider Reboot News
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24