AMAs 2011: Beyonce Knowles Wins, Justin Bieber Loses
More and more winners were announced at 2011 American Music Awards as the night went on. After being blocked by Rihanna from taking home a Favorite Soul/R&B Album, Beyonce Knowles finally got a sweet revenge by winning Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist over Riri and her former bandmate in Destiny's Child, Kelly Rowland.
The very pregnant R&B diva was announced as the winner after Mary J. Blige's performance, and was presented the award by Robin Thicke and Ellie Goulding. The wife of Jay-Z was absent though, but thanked fans via a pre-taped message and explained that she couldn't be there because she attended the screening of her "Live at Roseland: The Elements of 4" DVD in Paris.
Bruno Mars was next revealed as a recipient for Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist. The "It Will Rain" singer, who previously introduced Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera's performance of "Moves Like Jagger", triumphed over Pitbull and Justin Bieber. It meant that the Canadian singer would walk home empty-handed since it's his only chance to win an AMA this year.
Winning Favorite Country Female Artist earlier in the evening, Taylor Swift added another kudo by claiming Favorite Country Album through her latest studio installment "Speak Now". She pushed aside Jason Aldean ("My Kinda Party") and The Band Perry ("The Band Perry"). She was handed the trophy by Katherine Heigl and her husband Josh Kelley, and thanked her fans for caring about the lyrics.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby