AMAs 2011: Beyonce Knowles Wins, Justin Bieber Loses
More and more winners were announced at 2011 American Music Awards as the night went on. After being blocked by Rihanna from taking home a Favorite Soul/R&B Album, Beyonce Knowles finally got a sweet revenge by winning Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist over Riri and her former bandmate in Destiny's Child, Kelly Rowland.
The very pregnant R&B diva was announced as the winner after Mary J. Blige's performance, and was presented the award by Robin Thicke and Ellie Goulding. The wife of Jay-Z was absent though, but thanked fans via a pre-taped message and explained that she couldn't be there because she attended the screening of her "Live at Roseland: The Elements of 4" DVD in Paris.
Bruno Mars was next revealed as a recipient for Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist. The "It Will Rain" singer, who previously introduced Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera's performance of "Moves Like Jagger", triumphed over Pitbull and Justin Bieber. It meant that the Canadian singer would walk home empty-handed since it's his only chance to win an AMA this year.
Winning Favorite Country Female Artist earlier in the evening, Taylor Swift added another kudo by claiming Favorite Country Album through her latest studio installment "Speak Now". She pushed aside Jason Aldean ("My Kinda Party") and The Band Perry ("The Band Perry"). She was handed the trophy by Katherine Heigl and her husband Josh Kelley, and thanked her fans for caring about the lyrics.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama