AMAs 2011: Selena Gomez Goes Old Hollywood, Jennifer Hudson Dazzles in Silver
The rain didn't stop music stars and celebrities alike to step out for the 39th Annual American Music Awards. On Sunday, November 20 evening, such stars as Selena Gomez and Jennifer Hudson hit the red carpet rolled outside the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, and looked dazzling in their choice of dress.
19-year-old Gomez brought Old Hollywood style air to the red carpet. Wearing her dark hair in set curls, the "Who Says" singer wore a plunging satin gown with a thigh-high split by Giorgio Armani. She came accompanied by boyfriend Justin Bieber, who slicked back his hair and sported a black tux with bow tie.
30-year-old Hudson, meanwhile, showed off her slim figure in a mini dress. The "American Idol" alum, who is set to present at the show, wore a slinky silver number with a draped neckline from Jenny Packham. Completing her look for the evening, she put on bright pink lipstick and a pair of glittery pumps.
Other music beauties rocking the red carpet were Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. Taylor opted to go with a strapless floor-length gold dress which boasts an elegant train at the back, while Perry stood out with her colorful ensemble. The "E.T." hitmaker donned a Chinese-printed dress that she paired with purple heels.
Kimberley Perry, whose country band The Band Perry are nominated for three awards, rocked a gold dress with a black lace overlayer and tassel detail. Meanwhile, Alanis Morisette chose to wear a waterfall hemline chiffon black dress. She completed her look with a fishtail plait in her hair.
Other celebrities seen on the red carpet were Jenny McCarthy, Jennifer Morrison and Vanessa Minnillo. McCarthy looked hot in a purple mini-dress, Morrison brought fairytale air to the red carpet with her long white gown that features a beaded bib-fron, and Minnillo wore a white dress with silver embellishment.
Heidi Klum, in the meantime, was stunning in a metallic Giles Deacon sheath, and Joe Jonas sported a casual look combined a formal and casual look with dark T-shirt and black tux. Other stars spotted on the red carpet included "Modern Family" actress Sarah Hyland and reality star Audrina Patridge.
This year's American Music Awards sees Adele collecting the most nominations with four counts, including Artist of the Year and Favorite Album. Katy Perry, Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift followed behind with three nods. Performers for the special night include Kelly Clarkson and Christina Aguilera with Maroon 5.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway