'Gossip Girl' Cast Dish on Blair's Wedding, Bosses Hope for Another Season
The cast and crew of "Gossip Girl" have just celebrated the 100th episode of the show at a party on Saturday, November 19. Met at the event held at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City, some of the stars were willing to share tidbits of Blair's wedding which is the most anticipated moment in the January 30 outing.
Margaret Colin, who plays Blair's mom, assured that fans will definitely see the Queen B walking down the aisle, although executive producer Joshua Safran teased that it could be just a dream. Meanwhile, Matthew Settle confirmed Georgina would be a "wedding crasher" when she returns just in time for the royal wedding, and she would cause "epic" trouble.
Also for the episode, the cast have shot "a big dance sequence," Blake Lively revealed. She added that in the scenes, "we were all dressed as people who are not ourselves."
Leading to Blair and Louis' big day, "Chair" fans will still see their favorite couple's relationship getting addressed. Executive producer Stephanie Savage teased, "We have some amazing Chuck-and-Blair scenes coming up in the next couple of episodes."
Despite some fans' hope to see Blair and Chuck together, Leighton Meester thinks their current status is the best for them. "Her and Chuck have had ups and downs and as much as everyone loves them together, I think them having time apart has actually helped them grow," she reasoned.
In fact, the Blair depicter is interested to see more of Blair and Dan. "The one relationship I'd love to play out is Blair and Dan," she said. "I like the Blair [story line] because it's the most exciting for Dan as a person." Offering a solution, creator Josh Schwartz chimed in, "There's only one way to satisfy all those people... Threesome."
As for the future of the teen drama series, the show's bosses still have a big confidence that it will continue beyond the current fifth season. "We've had no one saying to us, 'Wrap it up. This is the last season.' So we're not [treating the season finale] as such," said Safran. Another exec. producer Stephanie Savage even hinted that the season 6 finale would "absolutely" leave fans wanting to see the next season.
Affirming Safran's statement, president of Warner Bros. Television, Peter Roth, added ,"I can't really say at this point, but I would hope and expect that there would be at least another year - if not years - to come."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl