Robin Gibb Has Been Diagnosed With Liver Cancer for Months
Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees is battling liver cancer, it has been revealed. The 61-year-old was rushed to the hospital last Tuesday, November 15 after a 911 call from his mansion home in Oxfordshire, central England. He has since been allowed back home.
The cancer news was delivered to him several months ago and he has canceled performing commitments since. Last month, he was admitted to Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford for severe abdominal pain. He was discharged after four days and said that he was "feeling great". Last year, he had part of his intestine removed in an emergency procedure after suffering blockage similar to that which killed his brother Maurice Gibb.
This time, his older brother Barry Gibb and mother Barbara traveled all the way to be with Robin. "Robin is not good and there is a lot of concern for him," a friend said as quoted by Sunday Mirror. "You can use your wealth to call in the best experts but sometimes no amount of fame, prestige and money can change things when it comes to cancer."
Despite the illness, Robin reportedly is a fighter who is fueled by online messages from his fans.
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
- Warwick Davis Lands Role in 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie
- Angelina Jolie Dishes on Brad Pitt Divorce and Bell's Palsy Diagnosis in New Honest Interview
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': Find Out Who Will Play Season 3 Villain Kuasa