Robin Gibb Has Been Diagnosed With Liver Cancer for Months
Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees is battling liver cancer, it has been revealed. The 61-year-old was rushed to the hospital last Tuesday, November 15 after a 911 call from his mansion home in Oxfordshire, central England. He has since been allowed back home.
The cancer news was delivered to him several months ago and he has canceled performing commitments since. Last month, he was admitted to Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford for severe abdominal pain. He was discharged after four days and said that he was "feeling great". Last year, he had part of his intestine removed in an emergency procedure after suffering blockage similar to that which killed his brother Maurice Gibb.
This time, his older brother Barry Gibb and mother Barbara traveled all the way to be with Robin. "Robin is not good and there is a lot of concern for him," a friend said as quoted by Sunday Mirror. "You can use your wealth to call in the best experts but sometimes no amount of fame, prestige and money can change things when it comes to cancer."
Despite the illness, Robin reportedly is a fighter who is fueled by online messages from his fans.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms