Robin Gibb Has Been Diagnosed With Liver Cancer for Months
Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees is battling liver cancer, it has been revealed. The 61-year-old was rushed to the hospital last Tuesday, November 15 after a 911 call from his mansion home in Oxfordshire, central England. He has since been allowed back home.
The cancer news was delivered to him several months ago and he has canceled performing commitments since. Last month, he was admitted to Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford for severe abdominal pain. He was discharged after four days and said that he was "feeling great". Last year, he had part of his intestine removed in an emergency procedure after suffering blockage similar to that which killed his brother Maurice Gibb.
This time, his older brother Barry Gibb and mother Barbara traveled all the way to be with Robin. "Robin is not good and there is a lot of concern for him," a friend said as quoted by Sunday Mirror. "You can use your wealth to call in the best experts but sometimes no amount of fame, prestige and money can change things when it comes to cancer."
Despite the illness, Robin reportedly is a fighter who is fueled by online messages from his fans.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak