Daddy Yankee Sued for Causing Concert Promoter Bleed in the Eyes
Daddy Yankee is dragged into a lawsuit when a concert promoter claimed he got health issues after the reggaeton canceled a number of shows at last minutes. Diego Hernan De Iraola said he was bleeding in the eye, literally, from stress.
In the lawsuit filed in federal court in Florida, Iraola said Yankee agreed to play a six-show tour in Argentina for an upfront of $820,000. The deal between the promoter and Yankee's camp then expanded to a 10-show tour with additional fee of $480,000.
Iraola claimed he paid the first amount but the additional became a problem just days before the first show. Yankee's people allegedly wanted the $480,000 to be paid up front as well or else the artist would pull out of the tour. Iraola promised them the money will be available once Yankee is in Argentina.
Yankee's people were not pleased with the promise, canceling the participation just two days before the first date. Iraola was so stressed out that he got nosebleeds, high blood pressure and eventually bleeding in his eyes. His demand is the return of the $820,000 upfront and "a ton of cash" for the damage Yankee has done to both his professional and personal life.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars