Jason Segel Sings With Muppets and Mocks Masturbation on 'SNL'
Jason Segel kicked off "Saturday Night Live" by saying he was nervous about the opening monologue, but that's before he jumped into a musical number with the Muppets. The actor was the host of the night, singing how he believes in flying pig and mother goose but he can't believe he's hosting "SNL".
Kermit, Miss Piggy and the other Muppets helped in the song but they soon got angry when finding out that they were not assigned to host the show as well. "When people go to a Muppet movie, they say, 'Gee, I can't wait to see the human!' " Kermit said sarcastically. The frog then proved why he's worthy to host by impersonating Ray Romano.
The opening monologue was followed by a sketch about Regis Philbin's replacement on "Live". Among "those" who vie for the co-host post opposite Kelly Ripa were Denzel Washington, Zooey Deschanel, Ashton Kutcher and Ricky Gervais. Segel played Antonio Banderas who was looking forward to have sex.
Segel made another impression in a sketch about a new technology on mattresses. Introducing "Kemper-Pedic Me Time Mattress", Segel is a husband who is a night owl, worried of waking up his wife at night with his "late night activities" such as french pressing, pizza dough pounding and rolling dice on bed.
There were also surprise appearance by Paul Rudd in "The Vogelchecks" and Olivia Wilde in the Digital Short. Florence Welch who was the musical guest also made a cameo on a sketch called "New Jack Thanksgiving".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt