Astro Apologizes More Humbly for His Attitude on 'X Factor' Elimination
"The X Factor (US)" contestant Astro regrets his attitude on Thursday, November 17 show when he was put on the bottom two. The 15-year-old rapper took to his Facebook page to say how sorry he was for saying he did not want to perform anymore if he was not fully appreciated.
"I seriously apologize to my fans, what I said and my emotions weren't directed toward you. I'm 15 and I think I know everything, but the truth is, I don't, and I handled the situation wrong! Win or lose next week, I will make you all proud!" he wrote.
He went on comparing himself to boxing legend Muhammed Ali, writing "I believed I was being mistreated, and in the moment I thought about Ali's moment. I want to be the new ambassador for Hip-Hop and a leader of a new young movement of positive kids, but to be that I must have Integrity and Honor first!"
"People are saying I'm 'cocky' and 'arrogant', well maybe I have watched too many Muhammed Ali films or maybe I grew up having to fight my way home everyday or battle on street corners of Brooklyn for respect. My guards are always up, and maybe I took the situation too heavy," he concluded.
Astro was in the bottom position along with Stacy Francis whom the judges eventually sent home. Simon Cowell made the determining vote but he warned Astro first that he did not like his attitude. But based on the chance of winning, Cowell picked Francis to send home.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'