Astro Apologizes More Humbly for His Attitude on 'X Factor' Elimination
"The X Factor (US)" contestant Astro regrets his attitude on Thursday, November 17 show when he was put on the bottom two. The 15-year-old rapper took to his Facebook page to say how sorry he was for saying he did not want to perform anymore if he was not fully appreciated.
"I seriously apologize to my fans, what I said and my emotions weren't directed toward you. I'm 15 and I think I know everything, but the truth is, I don't, and I handled the situation wrong! Win or lose next week, I will make you all proud!" he wrote.
He went on comparing himself to boxing legend Muhammed Ali, writing "I believed I was being mistreated, and in the moment I thought about Ali's moment. I want to be the new ambassador for Hip-Hop and a leader of a new young movement of positive kids, but to be that I must have Integrity and Honor first!"
"People are saying I'm 'cocky' and 'arrogant', well maybe I have watched too many Muhammed Ali films or maybe I grew up having to fight my way home everyday or battle on street corners of Brooklyn for respect. My guards are always up, and maybe I took the situation too heavy," he concluded.
Astro was in the bottom position along with Stacy Francis whom the judges eventually sent home. Simon Cowell made the determining vote but he warned Astro first that he did not like his attitude. But based on the chance of winning, Cowell picked Francis to send home.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'