Astro Apologizes More Humbly for His Attitude on 'X Factor' Elimination
"The X Factor (US)" contestant Astro regrets his attitude on Thursday, November 17 show when he was put on the bottom two. The 15-year-old rapper took to his Facebook page to say how sorry he was for saying he did not want to perform anymore if he was not fully appreciated.
"I seriously apologize to my fans, what I said and my emotions weren't directed toward you. I'm 15 and I think I know everything, but the truth is, I don't, and I handled the situation wrong! Win or lose next week, I will make you all proud!" he wrote.
He went on comparing himself to boxing legend Muhammed Ali, writing "I believed I was being mistreated, and in the moment I thought about Ali's moment. I want to be the new ambassador for Hip-Hop and a leader of a new young movement of positive kids, but to be that I must have Integrity and Honor first!"
"People are saying I'm 'cocky' and 'arrogant', well maybe I have watched too many Muhammed Ali films or maybe I grew up having to fight my way home everyday or battle on street corners of Brooklyn for respect. My guards are always up, and maybe I took the situation too heavy," he concluded.
Astro was in the bottom position along with Stacy Francis whom the judges eventually sent home. Simon Cowell made the determining vote but he warned Astro first that he did not like his attitude. But based on the chance of winning, Cowell picked Francis to send home.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami