First Look at Carey Mulligan as Pretty Daisy Buchanan on 'Great Gatsby' Set
A fresh on-set picture of "The Great Gatsby" has revealed the first look at Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan. While shooting a scene at Cetennial Park in Sydney, Australia on Friday, November 18, Mulligan was snapped donning a pretty twenties costume.
The 26-year-old English actress looked gorgeous in a lavender-laced dress with cornflower-tinged frills. She finished off her vintage look with matching fingerless gloves, a coordinated hat and a pair of Mary Jane shoes.
Mulligan was joined by her male co-stars, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire. DiCaprio looked sleek in a white suit, while Maguire looked dapper in a white shirt and green cardigan complete with a bow tie.
In the film, Mulligan plays the cousin of Maguire's Nick Carraway, a young man from Minnesota who moves to New York in the summer of 1922 to learn about the bond business. Meanwhile, DiCaprio plays Jay Gatsby, a billionaire who lives in a gigantic Gothic mansion in West Egg and throws extravagant parties every Saturday night.
Before filming began in Syndey, "The Great Gatsby" was initially planned to take principal photography in New York. The movie, which costs an estimated $150 million to produce, is directed, co-produced and co-written by Baz Luhrmann.
Joining Mulligan, DiCaprio and Maguire in the cast ensemble are Isla Fisher, Joel Edgerton, Jason Clarke, Elizabeth Debicki, Gemma Ward, Callan McAuliffe and Amitabh Bachchan. The film is schedule to be released in the U.S. on December 25, 2012.
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof