First Sneak Peek of Oprah Winfrey's Primetime Show Features Steven Tyler
Oprah Winfrey is literally starting her new chapter on new year's day. The former daytime talk show queen is set to launch her primetime series "Oprah's Next Chapter" on Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on her network OWN.
For the first episode, Winfrey will visit Steven Tyler at his new New Hampshire home. They will talk everything about his life, including his years of drug addiction, his complicated relationships with his wives, and his stint on "American Idol".
A sneak peek to the show has now been made available for viewing pleasure through a preview video. It sees Winfrey and Tyler enjoying the scenery around the Aerosmith rocker's home, while on another occasion she sits together in a dining room with a Hasidic Family in Brooklyn.
"After 25 years I got myself out of the studio chairs. I moved into the next chapter, and I am having more fun than ever - moving around the country and the world talking to people I'm really interested in getting to know and I think viewers will be, too," Winfrey says of the format of her new show. "It is so energizing to be out and about in the world exploring new people, new places and new ideas."
For the next episodes, the 57-year-old host, who recently received Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, will go to Haiti with Sean Penn, have a tour at Skywalker Ranch with George Lucas, walk on fire with motivational speaker Tony Robbins, and travel to Iowa to learn more about Transcendental Meditation among other things.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed