First Sneak Peek of Oprah Winfrey's Primetime Show Features Steven Tyler
Oprah Winfrey is literally starting her new chapter on new year's day. The former daytime talk show queen is set to launch her primetime series "Oprah's Next Chapter" on Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on her network OWN.
For the first episode, Winfrey will visit Steven Tyler at his new New Hampshire home. They will talk everything about his life, including his years of drug addiction, his complicated relationships with his wives, and his stint on "American Idol".
A sneak peek to the show has now been made available for viewing pleasure through a preview video. It sees Winfrey and Tyler enjoying the scenery around the Aerosmith rocker's home, while on another occasion she sits together in a dining room with a Hasidic Family in Brooklyn.
"After 25 years I got myself out of the studio chairs. I moved into the next chapter, and I am having more fun than ever - moving around the country and the world talking to people I'm really interested in getting to know and I think viewers will be, too," Winfrey says of the format of her new show. "It is so energizing to be out and about in the world exploring new people, new places and new ideas."
For the next episodes, the 57-year-old host, who recently received Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, will go to Haiti with Sean Penn, have a tour at Skywalker Ranch with George Lucas, walk on fire with motivational speaker Tony Robbins, and travel to Iowa to learn more about Transcendental Meditation among other things.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher