Official: 'Arrested Development' Returns on Netflix in 2013
Netflix is going to bring back "Arrested Development". After the long-talked plan to resurrect the show, the comedy series finally gets a new home at the internet-subscription service. Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos announces the good news on Friday, November 18.
20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television will produce original first-run episodes of the comedy series. The new episodes will be available on members of the DVD rental service starting the first half of 2013.
"We build brands at this studio which are so distinctive that audiences still clamor for them years after they go off the air. Arrested Development is a great example of that - it has stood the test of time," says Fox TV chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman in a statement.
As for the deal to bring the classic show back on Netflix, Fox Filmed Entertainment president of new media and digital distribution, Peter Levinsohn, calls it "a game changer." He adds, "[It] illustrates the incredible potential the new digital landscape affords great content providers like 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine."
Also excited with the return of "Arrested Development" is Ron Howard, who serves as narrator for the series. "After a long hiatus, I'm dying to finally get back to the narrator's microphone ... 'It's Arrested...Development'," he says.
Beside this new episodes, there has been a plan to make a film feature version of the comedy. Back in October this year, Jason Bateman who plays Michael confirmed, "We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13."
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date