Natalie Wood's Death Case: Christopher Walken Is Lawyering Up
Christopher Walken is lawyering up. The investigation into the 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood was officially reopened on Friday, November 18, and according to The Hollywood Reporter, the Wilbur Turnblad of "Hairspray" has hired a lawyer in connection to represent him in the case.
68-year-old Walken, who was one of the last people to see Wood alive, brought Mathew Rosengart, a former federal prosecutor turned litigation specialist at Los Angeles' Greenberg Traurig firm, on board to advise him in the inquiry. He is expected to cooperate fully with investigators.
Despite the move, sources said that the "Catch Me If You Can" actor was not considered to be a suspect by Los Angeles Sheriff's Department investigators. Also not being considered as a suspect was Wood's husband Robert Wagner, who was also aboard the yacht Splendour with Walken and Wood when the latter disappeared and later was found dead.
During a news conference held on Friday, Sheriff spokesman Lt. John Corina told reporters that the case is still being treated as an accidental drowning. When asked whether investigators would interview Wagner or Walken, he declined to discuss with whom investigators would speak.
Corina also refused to comment on the statements made by boat captain Dennis Davern, who recently claimed he lied for Wagner during previous recounts of the evening when Wood died. Asked if Davern could face criminal charges for lying to police in the initial investigation, he replied, "If they are inhibiting the investigation, they could be arrested and charged."
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child