Natalie Wood's Death Case: Christopher Walken Is Lawyering Up
Christopher Walken is lawyering up. The investigation into the 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood was officially reopened on Friday, November 18, and according to The Hollywood Reporter, the Wilbur Turnblad of "Hairspray" has hired a lawyer in connection to represent him in the case.
68-year-old Walken, who was one of the last people to see Wood alive, brought Mathew Rosengart, a former federal prosecutor turned litigation specialist at Los Angeles' Greenberg Traurig firm, on board to advise him in the inquiry. He is expected to cooperate fully with investigators.
Despite the move, sources said that the "Catch Me If You Can" actor was not considered to be a suspect by Los Angeles Sheriff's Department investigators. Also not being considered as a suspect was Wood's husband Robert Wagner, who was also aboard the yacht Splendour with Walken and Wood when the latter disappeared and later was found dead.
During a news conference held on Friday, Sheriff spokesman Lt. John Corina told reporters that the case is still being treated as an accidental drowning. When asked whether investigators would interview Wagner or Walken, he declined to discuss with whom investigators would speak.
Corina also refused to comment on the statements made by boat captain Dennis Davern, who recently claimed he lied for Wagner during previous recounts of the evening when Wood died. Asked if Davern could face criminal charges for lying to police in the initial investigation, he replied, "If they are inhibiting the investigation, they could be arrested and charged."
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards