Natalie Wood's Death Case: Christopher Walken Is Lawyering Up
Christopher Walken is lawyering up. The investigation into the 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood was officially reopened on Friday, November 18, and according to The Hollywood Reporter, the Wilbur Turnblad of "Hairspray" has hired a lawyer in connection to represent him in the case.
68-year-old Walken, who was one of the last people to see Wood alive, brought Mathew Rosengart, a former federal prosecutor turned litigation specialist at Los Angeles' Greenberg Traurig firm, on board to advise him in the inquiry. He is expected to cooperate fully with investigators.
Despite the move, sources said that the "Catch Me If You Can" actor was not considered to be a suspect by Los Angeles Sheriff's Department investigators. Also not being considered as a suspect was Wood's husband Robert Wagner, who was also aboard the yacht Splendour with Walken and Wood when the latter disappeared and later was found dead.
During a news conference held on Friday, Sheriff spokesman Lt. John Corina told reporters that the case is still being treated as an accidental drowning. When asked whether investigators would interview Wagner or Walken, he declined to discuss with whom investigators would speak.
Corina also refused to comment on the statements made by boat captain Dennis Davern, who recently claimed he lied for Wagner during previous recounts of the evening when Wood died. Asked if Davern could face criminal charges for lying to police in the initial investigation, he replied, "If they are inhibiting the investigation, they could be arrested and charged."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert