Katy Perry to Take a Year Off From Music to Start a Family
Leading to the upcoming final concert of "California Dreams" tour, Katy Perry is rumored to take a timeout for a year. According to a source from New York Post, the popstar has informed her managers about taking the break, and she will start it soon after the gig is wrapped.
After spending almost the whole 2011 on the road, the "One That Got Away" singer reportedly wants to spend more time with her funnyman husband Russell Brand, whom she married a year ago. It's rumored that the 27-year-old singer wants to start a family with the "Get Him to the Greek" actor.
Earlier this month, Katy told Ellen Degeneres that she "would love to have children." She explained, "I think that's one of the reasons you get married, especially to the person that you marry. You think, 'That person is going to be a good partner, a good parent.' " When asked if she wants "a lot of kids," she replied, "If it doesn't hurt the first time... I'll keep popping them out."
Katy will close the extended North American leg of her tour on November 23 by holding a concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Despite the hiatus rumor, she actually still has two more scheduled gigs. One is set to take place in Jakarta, Indonesia on January 19, 2012, and the other will be held in Pasay, Philippines on January 22 the same year.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up