Katy Perry to Take a Year Off From Music to Start a Family
Leading to the upcoming final concert of "California Dreams" tour, Katy Perry is rumored to take a timeout for a year. According to a source from New York Post, the popstar has informed her managers about taking the break, and she will start it soon after the gig is wrapped.
After spending almost the whole 2011 on the road, the "One That Got Away" singer reportedly wants to spend more time with her funnyman husband Russell Brand, whom she married a year ago. It's rumored that the 27-year-old singer wants to start a family with the "Get Him to the Greek" actor.
Earlier this month, Katy told Ellen Degeneres that she "would love to have children." She explained, "I think that's one of the reasons you get married, especially to the person that you marry. You think, 'That person is going to be a good partner, a good parent.' " When asked if she wants "a lot of kids," she replied, "If it doesn't hurt the first time... I'll keep popping them out."
Katy will close the extended North American leg of her tour on November 23 by holding a concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Despite the hiatus rumor, she actually still has two more scheduled gigs. One is set to take place in Jakarta, Indonesia on January 19, 2012, and the other will be held in Pasay, Philippines on January 22 the same year.
More Katy Perry News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign