'Dexter' Renewed for Possibly Last Two Seasons
"Dexter" will still spill bloods for at least two more seasons. Following a salary dispute with lead actor Michael C. Hall which left the show's fate up in the air, Showtime has finally announced that the show is renewed for a seventh and eight season.
"The series is bigger than it's ever been in its sixth season, both in terms of audience and its impact on the cultural landscape," says Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. "Together with Michael, the creative team on the show has a very clear sense of where they intend to take the show over the next two seasons... On behalf of the entire Dexter family, we relish the invitation to delve ever deeper into Dexter's world."
While the network has not made a decision that the upcoming two seasons will be the last for the series, Nevins hints that the crime thriller may end after completing its "3-year trajectory" which includes the currently airing sixth season. "I'm not going to say with absolute certainty that this is the end, but that is the likely scenario, that the series is moving towards a definite end," he says when asked by Deadline about whether or not the show will wrap up after eight seasons.
"Dexter" opened its sixth season with a strong start, delivering 2.2 million audience which marked the biggest season premiere audience for the show. The seventh season will begin the production in 2012 in Los Angeles.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4