Video Premiere: Amy Winehouse's 'Our Day Will Come'
Amy Winehouse's music video for her latest single "Our Day Will Come" has been debuted. It's filled with the late singer's archival footage, including some of her live performances and candid backstage moments, to celebrate the life and legacy of the Grammy-winning musician.
"Our Day Will Come" is taken from Winehouse's first posthumous album "Lioness: Hidden Treasures" which is coming out in the United States on December 6. It's a cover of Ruby & The Romantics' 1963 hit single of the same name which was written by Bob Hilliard and Mort Garson.
Although the album only partially consists of Winehouse's original songs, the "Back to Black" hitmaker actually has many unreleased recordings which unfortunately won't be released anytime soon. "We've had to qualify [Lioness] in front of Amy's family. Her mum, her dad, her brother - that's her very vocal, protective brother - plus fiances, stepfathers and more," Island Records' Darcus Beese explained.
According to producer Salaam Remi, the late soul singer was not rushing to release the materials because she planned to drop an album first with a "supergroup" which included ?uestlove of The Roots. "She had written down everything she wanted to do," the music maker dished on.
"There were a bunch of other names bouncing around," Remi talked about who could have landed in the planned album. "?uestlove did make the new album, though. He appears on the track 'Half Time'. There's also a song by an 18-year-old Winehouse, another about her ex-husband's infidelity and 'Best Friend', which opens with the line: 'I can't wait to get away from you.' "
He went on, "She was taking her time with it, and at the end of the day all of her songs are somewhat autobiographical, so she had to live through something, then get out of it and then look back at it to be able to write about it. Who knows what will happen in the future with that."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed