Report: George Clooney and Noah Wyle Competing for Lead Role in Steve Jobs Biopic
Two former "ER" stars are reportedly competing to star as Steve Jobs in an upcoming biopic. According to Now Magazine, George Clooney and his former co-star Noah Wyle are "battling it out" to tackle the role of the late Apple founder in the Sony Pictures project.
While there's no further evidence on the rumors, the untitled Steve Jobs biopic is expected to kick off the production in 2012. Sony has courted "The Social Network" scribe Aaron Sorkin for the screenplay. The story will be based on Walter Isaacson's bestselling biography.
Isaacson's book is based on more than 40 interviews with Jobs and over 100 chats with his friends, family members, colleagues and even competitors. Isaacson was hand-chosen by Jobs himself to capture his life while battling with cancer.
Wyle already portrayed Jobs once when he played in a 1999 TV biopic called "Pirates of Silicon Valley". He is currently headlining TNT's series "Falling Skies" which will return for a second season sometime in summer 2012. As for Clooney, his latest movie "The Descendants" currently opens in limited U.S. theaters. He will next be seen in "Gravity", which also stars Sandra Bullock.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'