Report: George Clooney and Noah Wyle Competing for Lead Role in Steve Jobs Biopic
Two former "ER" stars are reportedly competing to star as Steve Jobs in an upcoming biopic. According to Now Magazine, George Clooney and his former co-star Noah Wyle are "battling it out" to tackle the role of the late Apple founder in the Sony Pictures project.
While there's no further evidence on the rumors, the untitled Steve Jobs biopic is expected to kick off the production in 2012. Sony has courted "The Social Network" scribe Aaron Sorkin for the screenplay. The story will be based on Walter Isaacson's bestselling biography.
Isaacson's book is based on more than 40 interviews with Jobs and over 100 chats with his friends, family members, colleagues and even competitors. Isaacson was hand-chosen by Jobs himself to capture his life while battling with cancer.
Wyle already portrayed Jobs once when he played in a 1999 TV biopic called "Pirates of Silicon Valley". He is currently headlining TNT's series "Falling Skies" which will return for a second season sometime in summer 2012. As for Clooney, his latest movie "The Descendants" currently opens in limited U.S. theaters. He will next be seen in "Gravity", which also stars Sandra Bullock.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign