Report: George Clooney and Noah Wyle Competing for Lead Role in Steve Jobs Biopic
Two former "ER" stars are reportedly competing to star as Steve Jobs in an upcoming biopic. According to Now Magazine, George Clooney and his former co-star Noah Wyle are "battling it out" to tackle the role of the late Apple founder in the Sony Pictures project.
While there's no further evidence on the rumors, the untitled Steve Jobs biopic is expected to kick off the production in 2012. Sony has courted "The Social Network" scribe Aaron Sorkin for the screenplay. The story will be based on Walter Isaacson's bestselling biography.
Isaacson's book is based on more than 40 interviews with Jobs and over 100 chats with his friends, family members, colleagues and even competitors. Isaacson was hand-chosen by Jobs himself to capture his life while battling with cancer.
Wyle already portrayed Jobs once when he played in a 1999 TV biopic called "Pirates of Silicon Valley". He is currently headlining TNT's series "Falling Skies" which will return for a second season sometime in summer 2012. As for Clooney, his latest movie "The Descendants" currently opens in limited U.S. theaters. He will next be seen in "Gravity", which also stars Sandra Bullock.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked