'Chuck' Actress Yvonne Strahovski to Play Female Lead in 'I, Frankenstein'
"I, Frankenstein" might have found its leading lady. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Yvonne Strahovski is in final talks to play the female lead, who is described as a scientist who works on "reanimating the dead and tricked into working for demons seeking to create an army of the undead."
In addition to the "Chuck" actress, the Stuart Beattie-directed comic-adapted thriller has also attached Miranda Otto to the cast ensemble. Otto, who is famously known for playing Eowyn in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, is set to play the queen of gargoyles who intents to help Frankenstein.
"I, Frankenstein" follows Frankenstein who has evolved and learned how to control his anger. He now acts as a private investigator. The movie will also bring other classic monster characters, including the Invisible Man, Dracula and the Hunchback of Notre Dame, in a contemporary film noir setting. Dracula is a kingpin of crime, and the Invisible Man is a secret operative.
Aaron Eckhart will play the titular monster, while Bill Nighy and Socratis Otto are already in negotiations to star as the demons leader and his right hand man respectively. The production is expected to kick off in Australia in winter of 2011.
As for Strahovski, the actress is currently wrapping up "Chuck", which is in its final season. Her last big screen stint was "Killer Elite", which also stars Jason Statham and Robert De Niro. Recently, she has wrapped "My Mother's Curse", a comedy movie which also stars Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune