Natalie Wood's Death Case: Yacht Captain's Comments Are Worth Exploring
Little details into what prompted the reopening of Natalie Wood's death case are unraveled. Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca has told the Los Angeles Times that investigators want to talk to the captain of the yacht, The Splendour, about the comments he made recently. "[Dennis Davern] made comments worthy of exploring," so he said.
According to The Times, a law enforcement source also said that the department recently received a letter from an unidentified "third party", claiming the captain had "new recollections" about the case. More details are expected to be shared on Friday, November 18 since the department has scheduled a press conference for 11 A.M.
Davern broke his long silence about Wood's death with 2009's book "Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour." In the book he co-wrote with friend Marti Rulli, he offered his detailed account of the fight between the actress and then-husband Robert Wagner on the boat, adding he believes her death was a direct result of the altercation.
Wagner himself has released a statement supporting the new investigation into Wood's death. "Although no one in the Wagner family has heard from the L.A. County Sheriff's department about this matter," his publicist Alan Nierob said in a statement, "they fully support the efforts of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department."
The rep added that the actor's family trust that the sheriff's department "will evaluate whether any new information relating to the death of Natalie Wood Wagner is valid and that it comes from a credible source or sources other than those simply trying to profit from the 30-year anniversary of her tragic death."
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?