Angelina Jolie to Play Iconic Woman Leader in Gertrude Bell Biopic
Angelina Jolie might land another strong female character for her next big screen project. The longtime partner of Brad Pitt has attached herself to the lead role in a biopic about an iconic woman activist, Gertrude Bell, who is described as the female Lawrence of Arabia.
Bell, who was born in 1868 in England, was the pioneering woman leader in the early 20th century whose work became the modern framework in Jordan and Iraq. She worked for the British Intelligence during the World War I era and became the key figure to the English's dismantling of the Ottoman Empire and subsequent founding of Iraq.
Jolie, meanwhile, is set to release her directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey" in U.S. theaters on December 23. The "Salt" actress has also been attached to star in an untitled Kay Scarpetta project, which is an adaptation of Patricia Cornwell's best-selling novel.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, this "Gertrude Bell" project will be produced by Ridley Scott under his Scott Free Production banner. Scott, whose upcoming project "Prometheus" is scheduled to hit theaters nationwide on June 8, 2012, is also eyed to take on the helming duty. The film's screenplay will be penned by Jeffrey Caine.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017