'Avengers' Superheroes and Villain Look Fierce in New Banners
The Earth's Mightiest Heroes are assembling in new character banners for "The Avengers". One picture, which was unleashed via Yahoo! Movies, shows Captain America, Dr. Bruce Banner, Iron Man and Thor striking a fierce pose.
The other banner, which was unveiled via Moviefone, gives a look at the other four fan-favorite characters holding their weapons. They include S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury, supervillain Loki, master archer Hawkeye, as well as heroine Black Widow.
In another news related to "The Avengers", it has recently been confirmed that Alan Silvestri is hired to score the Joss Whedon-directed comic-adapted film. Upon his attachment, the composer who also worked on "Captain America: The First Avenger" said that the project will be a "very unique experience" for him.
"I think to have been a part of the Marvel process is very helpful," said Silvestri in a statement released by Marvel. "To see how material evolves [and] how the film evolves gives the sense of how Marvel treats their characters, cares for them, and a bit of what that Marvel post-production process feels like."
In "The Avengers", Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth are reprising their roles as Captain America, Iron Man and Thor respectively. They are joined by Samuel L. Jackson as Fury, Mark Ruffalo as Banner a.k.a the Hulk, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff a.k.a Black Widow, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton a.k.a Hawkeye.
The forthcoming movie will bring together Marvel Comics' famous superhero characters to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced. While the helming duty is tackled by Whedon, the script is provided by Zak Penn. The film is due to be released in the U.S. on May 4, 2012.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer