'Avengers' Superheroes and Villain Look Fierce in New Banners
The Earth's Mightiest Heroes are assembling in new character banners for "The Avengers". One picture, which was unleashed via Yahoo! Movies, shows Captain America, Dr. Bruce Banner, Iron Man and Thor striking a fierce pose.
The other banner, which was unveiled via Moviefone, gives a look at the other four fan-favorite characters holding their weapons. They include S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury, supervillain Loki, master archer Hawkeye, as well as heroine Black Widow.
In another news related to "The Avengers", it has recently been confirmed that Alan Silvestri is hired to score the Joss Whedon-directed comic-adapted film. Upon his attachment, the composer who also worked on "Captain America: The First Avenger" said that the project will be a "very unique experience" for him.
"I think to have been a part of the Marvel process is very helpful," said Silvestri in a statement released by Marvel. "To see how material evolves [and] how the film evolves gives the sense of how Marvel treats their characters, cares for them, and a bit of what that Marvel post-production process feels like."
In "The Avengers", Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth are reprising their roles as Captain America, Iron Man and Thor respectively. They are joined by Samuel L. Jackson as Fury, Mark Ruffalo as Banner a.k.a the Hulk, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff a.k.a Black Widow, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton a.k.a Hawkeye.
The forthcoming movie will bring together Marvel Comics' famous superhero characters to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced. While the helming duty is tackled by Whedon, the script is provided by Zak Penn. The film is due to be released in the U.S. on May 4, 2012.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences