Natalie Wood's Drowning Case Re-Opened 30 Years After Her Death
The mysterious death of Natalie Wood gets re-examined. Nearly 30 years after the "Miracle on 34th Street" actress died of drowning while boating with her husband Robert Wagner and actor Christopher Walken, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced they opened a new investigation into her death.
"On November 29, 1981, Natalie Wood Wagner drowned while boating off the Isthmus of Catalina Island," read a statement released by the LASD on Thursday, November 17. "At the time, the drowning was investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office. The drowning was ruled an accident."
The statement continued, "Recently Sheriff's Homicide Investigators were contacted by persons who stated they had additional information about the Natalie Wood Wagner drowning. Due to the additional information, Sheriff's Homicide Bureau has decided to take another look at the case."
Natalie, who died at the age of 43, started off her career at the age of 4, playing the role of Susan Walker in "Miracle on 34th Street". She went on to star in other classic movies, including "West Side Story" and "Rebel Without a Cause". She was nominated for three Academy Awards during her career.
How Natalie fell into the water from the boat, the Splendour, in 1981 remains a mystery for decades. Speaking of the actress' death, her lawyer Paul Ziffren said, "It was not a homicide ... not a suicide. It was an accident. The only important thing ... is that Natalie is gone. All the rest is ghoulish nonsense."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen