Natalie Wood's Drowning Case Re-Opened 30 Years After Her Death
The mysterious death of Natalie Wood gets re-examined. Nearly 30 years after the "Miracle on 34th Street" actress died of drowning while boating with her husband Robert Wagner and actor Christopher Walken, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department announced they opened a new investigation into her death.
"On November 29, 1981, Natalie Wood Wagner drowned while boating off the Isthmus of Catalina Island," read a statement released by the LASD on Thursday, November 17. "At the time, the drowning was investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office. The drowning was ruled an accident."
The statement continued, "Recently Sheriff's Homicide Investigators were contacted by persons who stated they had additional information about the Natalie Wood Wagner drowning. Due to the additional information, Sheriff's Homicide Bureau has decided to take another look at the case."
Natalie, who died at the age of 43, started off her career at the age of 4, playing the role of Susan Walker in "Miracle on 34th Street". She went on to star in other classic movies, including "West Side Story" and "Rebel Without a Cause". She was nominated for three Academy Awards during her career.
How Natalie fell into the water from the boat, the Splendour, in 1981 remains a mystery for decades. Speaking of the actress' death, her lawyer Paul Ziffren said, "It was not a homicide ... not a suicide. It was an accident. The only important thing ... is that Natalie is gone. All the rest is ghoulish nonsense."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video