Lady GaGa Releases Prelude of 'Marry the Night' Music Video
Lady GaGa has just revealed the opening of her upcoming music video for latest single "Marry the Night". The Mother Monster is wearing a hospital gown and lying on a gurney in this prelude. She gives a monologue while being wheeled down a long hall by two nurses. "When I look back on my life, it's not that I don't want to see things exactly as they happened, it's just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way," she says.
A pale and unconscious GaGa appears in a close-up shot while she continues pouring her heart out in a voiceover. She states, "And, truthfully, the lie of it all is much more honest because I invented it. Clinical psychology tells us, arguably, that trauma is the ultimate killer. Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum psychics, they can be lost forever. It's sort of like my past is an unfinished painting, and as the artist of that painting, I must fill in all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again."
The Outspoken singer goes on sharing her thought, "It's not that I've been dishonest, it's just that I loathe reality." She furthermore explains, "For example, those nurses, they're wearing next season Calvin Klein, and so am I. And the shoes, custom Giuseppe Zanotti. I tipped their gauze caps to the side like Parisian berets because I think it's romantic, and I also believe that mint will be very big in fashion next Spring."
Just before the nurses open a door to a room occupied with some patients, she quips, "Check out this nurse on the right, she's got a great ass. Bam." Making their way into the room, she reveals, "The truth is, back then at the clinic, they only wore those funny hats to keep the blood out of their hair. And that girl on the left, she ordered gummy bears and a knife a couple of hours ago. They only gave her the gummy bears. I'd wished they'd only given me the gummy bears..."
The prelude is clocking in almost two minutes, but the full version is much longer than that. GaGa wrote on Twitter, "The full prelude is 7 min 33 seconds & 15 frames." In a previous message, she admitted, "This will be the longest video I've released to date. ... The beginning of the story I never told you."
More Lady GaGa News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival