Ashton Kutcher on Demi Moore Divorce: Sometimes Marriage Fails
Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore's six-year marriage finally meets its end. After months of speculations that Ashton has cheated on her, Demi announced on Thursday, November 17 that she plans to divorce her younger husband. Later that day, Ashton himself took to Twitter to share his thought over the split.
"I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi," the "Two and a Half Men" star wrote on his Twitter account on Thursday afternoon with a link to a Chime.In message. In the longer posting, the 33-year-old actor reflected, "Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and Light, AK".
Earlier, 49-year-old Demi issued a statement over her decision to end their marriage. "It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton," she said. "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."
The former wife of Bruce Willis added, "This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation." Despite the divorce announcement, there is no sign of the actress to change her user name (@mrskutcher) on Twitter soon.
Ashton and Demi began dating in 2003. They got married in September 2005. The two weathered a cheating scandal in 2010 when a woman named Brittney Jones claimed to have sex with Ashton. They got hit with another cheating scandal on the actor's part when his alleged affair with Sara Leal came out in late September 2011.
On the possible reason why Demi finally decided to divorce Ashton, an insider told Star magazine, "Demi's finally ready to move on after all these years because she's sick of feeling like she can't trust Ashton." The source added, "Especially as his star continues to rise with 'Two and a Half Men', he's become really vague about where - and with whom - he spends his time."
More Ashton Kutcher News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest