Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star in 'Six Million Dollar Man' Remake
A big screen adaptation of the iconic 1970's TV show "The Six Million Dollar Man" is reportedly being in the works. The Weinstein Co. is closing a deal with Universal Pictures to develop the project with "Valkyrie" helmer Bryan Singer being lined up to direct. According to Latino Review, Singer is eyeing Leonardo DiCaprio to tackle the lead role.
DiCaprio is expected to play bionic man Steve Austin, a character that was made famous by Lee Majors in the original television series. However, it is said that he would not seal any deal before he read the screenplay, which will be written by Christopher McQuarrie.
The "Inception" actor is currently filming Baz Luhrmann's high-profile film project "The Great Gatsby", which also stars Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton. His upcoming project includes "Django Unchained, which will open in the U.S. on December 25, 2012, the same day when "Great Gatsby" will be released.
As for Singer, his upcoming directed film is "Jack the Giant Killer", will be released in the U.S. on June 15, 2012 with Nicholas Hoult, Stanley Tucci and Ewan McGregor making up the cast ensemble. He is currently also busy preparing the big screen version of another 1970s' TV series, "Battlestar Galactica".
The original "Six Million Dollar Man" itself follows Austin, a pilot who was dying after his ship crashed. Brought back to life by the government, he was augmented with cybernetic parts that gave him superhuman strength and speed. To pay his dues, he becomes a secret operative who fights against injustice.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger