Drake to Knock Mac Miller Off No. 1 by Selling 700,000 Copies of 'Take Care'
Drake is estimated to take over the crown of Billboard Hot 200 from current champion Mac Miller. The Canadian rapper is predicted to bow at the top spot of the U.S. Album chart by selling as many as 725,000 copies of his sophomore set "Take Care".
If the final figure meets the expectation, it will likely make Drizzy an artist with the third-largest sales week of the year. He will be placed behind Lady GaGa ("Born This Way" - 1.1 million copies) and Lil Wayne ("Tha Carter IV" - 964,000 units).
Additionally, it will give Drizzy his second chart topper after previously soaring to No. 1 on Hot 200 with his debut album "Thank Me Later" which sold 447,000 copies in its first week. A year prior, he peaked at No. 6 on the weekly rundown with his 2009's EP "So Far Gone".
As for this week's Hot 200, Miller claims the first position on the chart by pulling in 144,000 copies of his debut album "Blue Slide Park". He becomes an artist with the first independently-distributed debut album to hit the top spot since Tha Dogg Pound did so with their 1995's "Dogg Food".
Before Miller, Cake was the only indie act who broke the No. 1 spot this year with the band's album "Showroom of Compassion". Last year, there were Vampire Weekend's "Contra" and Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs" ruling the chart, besting major-label releases.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Blue Slide Park" - Mac Miller (144,000)
- "Christmas" - Michael Buble (123,000)
- "Now" hits compilation - various artists (119,000)
- "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" soundtrack - various artists (105,000)
- "21" - Adele (104,000)
- "Under the Mistletoe" - Justin Bieber (97,000)
- "Someone to Watch Over Me" - Susan Boyle ((72,000)
- "Mylo Xyloto" - Coldplay (70,000)
- "Formula, Vol. 1" - Romeo Santos (62,000)
- "Wicked Game" - Il Divo (61,000)
More Drake News
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues