Ricky Gervais Returns as Golden Globe Host, Hints at Holocaust and Pedophile Jokes
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) is apparently not afraid of controversies. Despite receiving complaints about Ricky Gervais' rude jokes at this year's Golden Globe Awards, the association is bringing back the British comedian to host the upcoming 69th annual ceremony.
The decision to hire Gervais was made after HFPA met with a top official at NBC, which will air the prize-giving event. Doug Vaughan, senior vice president of special events and late night programming at the network, said in a statement, "Ricky is delighted to be coming back. He said the Golden Globes show is the most fun he has ever had."
Soon after his hosting gig was made official, Gervais took to Twitter to jokingly hint at his possible materials. "Just told Billy Crystal he'd better not use any of my holocaust or pedophile material at The Oscars. He agreed (true)," he wrote and posted his picture with Crystal who was recently appointed as the 2012 Oscar host.
2012 Golden Globes will be held on January 15 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. It would be the third time in a row Gervais serving as a host at the event that recognizes the best in TV and movie. In the previous 68th ceremony, the "Life's Too Short" creator was deemed crossing the line with his jokes which targeted some A-list stars, such as Charlie Sheen and Johnny Depp, and "famous scientologists".
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!