Drake: I Was 'So Close' to Collaborating With Justin Timberlake in 'Take Care'
Drake has secured such A-listers as Stevie Wonder, Rihanna, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj in "Take Care", but he said the guest list could have been a little longer. In a recent interview with Billboard, he revealed there was one collaboration he really wanted to have but couldn't make it happen.
Drizzy said, "I mean I really wanted to work with Justin Timberlake on this project. And we came so close man, so close." Explaining why the duet with the former NSYNC member was canceled, the Canadian rapper reasoned, "He's just super busy, and not in the music mindset right now as far as creating."
Indeed, Justin has been occupied with his big screen projects. In 2011 alone, the "SexyBack" hitmaker has at least three movie releases. "Bad Teacher", which stars him and Cameron Diaz, came out in June; "Friends With Benefits", which pairs him up with Mila Kunis, followed a month later; and "In Time", which has him sharing screen with Amanda Seyfried, was released in October.
Talking about the song which was shelved, Drizzy gushed, "The song was gonna be dope." He added, "It was solid - a solid little look. But he's so immersed in the acting thing, and I don't blame him, he's doing great at it. He was just like, 'I really want to work, I just can't do it right now. But we'll work as soon as I'm back in the studio'."
Drizzy stated, "So he gave me his word on that, so I'm looking forward to looking with him. Even just giving him some ideas, writing, him working with [producer Noah "40" Shebib], I think that would just sound crazy, Justin Timberlake and 40."
"Half the time, I just want artists to work on 40's beats, I don't even really want to intrude. I just want to hear them. 40 has so many ideas, and I'd love to hear an artist like Justin Timberlake to see what he and 40 could come up with, but that was the one person that I was sorta like, 'Damn!' But we'll get it though."
More Drake News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed