NBC to Shut Down Production on 'Prime Suspect' After 13 Episodes
"Prime Suspect" is close to receive its death sentence. After missing from NBC's 2012 midseason line-up, the show is now reported to end its production for good after wrapping up the 13th episode which will start filming this week.
A representative for the network said the NBC bosses are still "considering their options" on the Maria Bello-starring police procedural series. However, the cast were allegedly told that the rookie drama show is canceled just when the network unveiled its midseason schedule.
Based on the popular British series starring Helen Mirren, "Prime Suspect" got favorable reviews from critics. However, it has been struggling to gain viewers, averaging only 4.97 million audience and a 1.4 rating in adults 18-49 despite its coveted Thursday slot.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked