NBC to Shut Down Production on 'Prime Suspect' After 13 Episodes
"Prime Suspect" is close to receive its death sentence. After missing from NBC's 2012 midseason line-up, the show is now reported to end its production for good after wrapping up the 13th episode which will start filming this week.
A representative for the network said the NBC bosses are still "considering their options" on the Maria Bello-starring police procedural series. However, the cast were allegedly told that the rookie drama show is canceled just when the network unveiled its midseason schedule.
Based on the popular British series starring Helen Mirren, "Prime Suspect" got favorable reviews from critics. However, it has been struggling to gain viewers, averaging only 4.97 million audience and a 1.4 rating in adults 18-49 despite its coveted Thursday slot.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip