NBC to Shut Down Production on 'Prime Suspect' After 13 Episodes
"Prime Suspect" is close to receive its death sentence. After missing from NBC's 2012 midseason line-up, the show is now reported to end its production for good after wrapping up the 13th episode which will start filming this week.
A representative for the network said the NBC bosses are still "considering their options" on the Maria Bello-starring police procedural series. However, the cast were allegedly told that the rookie drama show is canceled just when the network unveiled its midseason schedule.
Based on the popular British series starring Helen Mirren, "Prime Suspect" got favorable reviews from critics. However, it has been struggling to gain viewers, averaging only 4.97 million audience and a 1.4 rating in adults 18-49 despite its coveted Thursday slot.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung