NBC to Shut Down Production on 'Prime Suspect' After 13 Episodes
"Prime Suspect" is close to receive its death sentence. After missing from NBC's 2012 midseason line-up, the show is now reported to end its production for good after wrapping up the 13th episode which will start filming this week.
A representative for the network said the NBC bosses are still "considering their options" on the Maria Bello-starring police procedural series. However, the cast were allegedly told that the rookie drama show is canceled just when the network unveiled its midseason schedule.
Based on the popular British series starring Helen Mirren, "Prime Suspect" got favorable reviews from critics. However, it has been struggling to gain viewers, averaging only 4.97 million audience and a 1.4 rating in adults 18-49 despite its coveted Thursday slot.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show