Haters Launch Online Petition to Boycott the Kardashians' TV Series
Kardashian haters have launched an online petition to remove the clan from television. As of press time, more than 11,000 people have signed the petition at GoPetition.com to ask E! to take the family's reality series off the air. " 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' is just not viewing that we the public, would like to see from your network. Enough is enough," so reads the petition addressed to E!.
"In a grass roots effort, we have collected [thousands of] signatures for a petition asking E! Entertainment to remove the Kardashian suite of shows from their programming," says petition organizer Cyndy Snider. She reasons, "We feel that these shows are mostly staged and place an emphasis on vanity, greed, promiscuity, vulgarity and over-the-top conspicuous consumption."
Snider adds, "While some may have begun watching the spectacle as mindless entertainment or as a sort of 'reality satire,' it is a sad truth that many young people are looking up to this family and are modeling their appearance and behavior after them. I'll remind you here that the Kardashian family fame largely started with a 'leaked' sex tape."
The Kardashians' TV shows are not the only things targeted by haters. Some people also protest that Kim Kardashian is cast in Tyler Perry's next movie "The Marriage Counselor" despite her marriage that only lasted 72 days.
"Dump Kim Kardashian from your movie. Cut her part out. Your movie will bomb if you release it with her in it. Her 15 minutes of fame are long over. She will be an actress only in her mind," so reads a comment posted on the Talk section of Perry's website.
Another protester writes, "I really am disappointed in your decision to keep Kim K. in your movie. She is a disgrace to herself and her family. She is a role model and she has disappointed her fans. Let her go. I guarantee she will bring your ratings down. Dump her."
E! has not responded to the online petition addressed to them. The network has been promoting the second season of "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" which will debut later this November.
More Keeping Up with the Kardashians News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns