First Trailer for 'The Hobbit' Will Be Released Around Christmas
The first teaser trailer for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" will likely be dropped in a foreseeable future. Though the film will only come out near the end of 2012, Andy Serkis recently revealed that the trailer could be unleashed just in time for this year's Christmas.
"There will be a trailer fairly soon, actually. Around Christmas time, I believe," Serkis told IGN. When he was quizzed about the exact time of the trailer debut, the actor who plays Gollum in the movie teased, "It's just around the corner."
During the chat, Serkis also gushed about his duty as the Second Unit Director in "The Hobbit", a movie project that is expected to lead his future directorial stint. He said, "It's quite fascinating. I'm having a ball. It's a huge operation, really."
Of the movie, which is currently still shooting in New Zealand, Serkis said, "We're on the road at the moment, at various different locations on South Island in New Zealand." He added, "There are some truly remarkable landscapes that we're filming in. It's just stunning."
He also explained that the film is shot in 5K at 48 frames. "It's unlikely anything I have ever seen before. The brain has become so attuned to watching films at 24 frames a second," he said. "This is something completely different. It's incredible. You feel inside it and surrounded by it. It's really great. People will not be disappointed."
"The Hobbit" centers on Bilbo Baggins and Thorin Oakenshield, along with the twelve dwarves, who embark on an epic adventure to the Lonely Mountain to reclaim a lost treasure that was stolen by the dragon Smaug.
Directed by Peter Jackson and Serkis, the movie will arrive in U.S. theaters on December 14, 2012, while its sequel "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" will be released nationwide on December 13, 2013. The fantasy epic also stars Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchett, Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom, Christopher Lee, Evangeline Lilly and Luke Evans among others.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7