Drake Issues Sound Clash Challenge to Lil Wayne to Celebrate 'Take Care'
Drake doesn't want just any party to celebrate the album release of his new album "Take Care". In an interview with Billboard recently, the Canadian MC revealed that he would like to invite his mentor Lil Wayne to the celebration and challenge him to a sound clash in order to make it more special.
"I don't want to just do an album release concert. So, me, I go to Jamaica a lot -- I love Jamaican culture -- so what I'm gonna do, I'm challenging Lil Wayne to a sound clash, that's what I want to do. I don't want to just perform by myself," Drizzy shared his vision about an ideal party to celebrate the November 15 release.
Detailing his grand plan, the "Proud of You" rapper stated further, "So I want Wayne to come out on stage with a mic and I'm gonna have a mic, and we're gonna have both our DJs, and we're gonna battle song-for-song and see who the people love more. And that's how it's gonna go." He hasn't set any date just yet though.
However, Drizzy adamantly said that the sound clash is "happening for sure." The rapper gushed, "That's something that I'm serious about, he's serious about it too. I already issued the challenge. He's serious about it, he accepted like, 'Man, I'm ready. I'm gonna eat your food.' I'm like, 'Aiight, we'll see.' "
"Take Care" was previously marred by song leaks. Contrary to some other artists who are furious when their materials come out prematurely, he said, "I look forward to leaks -- knock on wood. I shouldn't probably, but I do." He believed that "a reasonable leak" would help boost the album sales, instead of bringing them down.
Most recently, another song "Hate Sleeping Alone" which appears in the CD as a bonus track arrived early as well.
More Drake News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake