Drake Issues Sound Clash Challenge to Lil Wayne to Celebrate 'Take Care'
Drake doesn't want just any party to celebrate the album release of his new album "Take Care". In an interview with Billboard recently, the Canadian MC revealed that he would like to invite his mentor Lil Wayne to the celebration and challenge him to a sound clash in order to make it more special.
"I don't want to just do an album release concert. So, me, I go to Jamaica a lot -- I love Jamaican culture -- so what I'm gonna do, I'm challenging Lil Wayne to a sound clash, that's what I want to do. I don't want to just perform by myself," Drizzy shared his vision about an ideal party to celebrate the November 15 release.
Detailing his grand plan, the "Proud of You" rapper stated further, "So I want Wayne to come out on stage with a mic and I'm gonna have a mic, and we're gonna have both our DJs, and we're gonna battle song-for-song and see who the people love more. And that's how it's gonna go." He hasn't set any date just yet though.
However, Drizzy adamantly said that the sound clash is "happening for sure." The rapper gushed, "That's something that I'm serious about, he's serious about it too. I already issued the challenge. He's serious about it, he accepted like, 'Man, I'm ready. I'm gonna eat your food.' I'm like, 'Aiight, we'll see.' "
"Take Care" was previously marred by song leaks. Contrary to some other artists who are furious when their materials come out prematurely, he said, "I look forward to leaks -- knock on wood. I shouldn't probably, but I do." He believed that "a reasonable leak" would help boost the album sales, instead of bringing them down.
Most recently, another song "Hate Sleeping Alone" which appears in the CD as a bonus track arrived early as well.
More Drake News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer