Drake Issues Sound Clash Challenge to Lil Wayne to Celebrate 'Take Care'
Drake doesn't want just any party to celebrate the album release of his new album "Take Care". In an interview with Billboard recently, the Canadian MC revealed that he would like to invite his mentor Lil Wayne to the celebration and challenge him to a sound clash in order to make it more special.
"I don't want to just do an album release concert. So, me, I go to Jamaica a lot -- I love Jamaican culture -- so what I'm gonna do, I'm challenging Lil Wayne to a sound clash, that's what I want to do. I don't want to just perform by myself," Drizzy shared his vision about an ideal party to celebrate the November 15 release.
Detailing his grand plan, the "Proud of You" rapper stated further, "So I want Wayne to come out on stage with a mic and I'm gonna have a mic, and we're gonna have both our DJs, and we're gonna battle song-for-song and see who the people love more. And that's how it's gonna go." He hasn't set any date just yet though.
However, Drizzy adamantly said that the sound clash is "happening for sure." The rapper gushed, "That's something that I'm serious about, he's serious about it too. I already issued the challenge. He's serious about it, he accepted like, 'Man, I'm ready. I'm gonna eat your food.' I'm like, 'Aiight, we'll see.' "
"Take Care" was previously marred by song leaks. Contrary to some other artists who are furious when their materials come out prematurely, he said, "I look forward to leaks -- knock on wood. I shouldn't probably, but I do." He believed that "a reasonable leak" would help boost the album sales, instead of bringing them down.
Most recently, another song "Hate Sleeping Alone" which appears in the CD as a bonus track arrived early as well.
More Drake News
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies