Kim Kardashian Sued by Hair Removal Company for False Advertising
Shortly after she sued former publicist Jonathan Jaxson for calling her wedding a sham, Kim Kardashian finds herself on the other side of a lawsuit. The "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" star is facing a legal battle against Radiancy as the hair removal product company accused her of false advertising.
According to the lawsuit, Kim has misled consumers while working as the spokesperson for home laser hair removal system TRIA. Radiancy claimed although TRIA has stated its product is unsafe for the face, head, ears, neck, nipples, genitals or anus, the 31-year-old said on national television she's using the TRIA product on her entire body.
Allegedly, the estranged wife of Kris Humphries has also boasted that by using the products, customers will "never need razors or shaving cream again." Radiancy, however, pointed out that TRIA's instructions note the product is supposed to be used in conjunction with shaving.
In the complaint which also names TRIA as defendant, Radiancy also mentioned Kim's tweet in which she claimed she had begun using the Tria product and was "loving the results so far". The beauty firm noted that at the time, the reality star had just become TRIA's spokesperson a few weeks before, and TRIA itself states results won't be able to be seen until at least 90 days.
Radiancy claimed that Kim's allegedly false statements have done damage to its business and is seeking unspecified damages. Meanwhile, TMZ reported that Kim has just signed an 18-month contract to continue her work as TRIA's spokesperson.
In another news, Kim will be hosting her second straight New Year's Eve party at TAO nightclub in Las Vegas. "She's spending New Year's Eve again at TAO," a source told Us Weekly. "[TAO] is like her home away from home when she's in Vegas." Last year, she debuted her single "Turn It Up" during last year's bash at the venue.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video